Entry to the HSRCA’s 2016 Spring Historics at Wakefield Park, to be held over the 24th & 25th of September, is now open. Head to CAMS Event Entry here to enter.
The Historic Sports and Racing Car Association of NSW is holding the Wakefield Park Spring Historic Meeting at Wakefield Park over the weekend of the 24th and 25th of September, 2016, and you are most cordially invited!
Entry is open through CAMS Event Entry, which is now accessed through the CAMS Member portal. You can get there by clicking this handy link to the CAMS homepage.
Log in with your CAMS ID, which should be your CAMS licence number, and the password you nominated for the CAMS Member Portal. If you have forgotten your password, or have not yet nominated one click ‘Retrieve Your Password’.
The event promises plenty of quality track time and the relaxed, social atmosphere which makes historic racing so enjoyable. A quiet room will be available for family and partners.
This meeting will run the weekend following the 40th Anniversary Celebration of All-Historic Racing at Wakefield Park, which is restricted to pre-1962 cars and motorcycles. We will of course cater for JKL and Sa drivers who wish to compete with us and will offer a discounted entry fee to competitors who compete at both events. In addition, Wakefield Park Management has offered free storage of cars for those wishing to compete at both meetings.
Subject to sufficient grid sizes the meeting should comprise:
- Races for 5th category groups from JKL up to and including Group QR cars that are suitable to run with Group MO
- Usual grids for JKL
- Championship or series rounds for several 5th category groups
- Team enduro for a regularity grid
- Give someone else a go, helped by discounting second driver entry in same car
- Possibly a handicap race for drivers over 65 years of age that draws on cars from several CAMS compatible categories
- Commentator’s award for best driving performance (not necessarily the fastest) in each category over the weekend
- Observed licence testing on Friday if sufficient people are interested
- We may invite a compatible non-5th category group if entry numbers necessitate
The HSRCA has engaged Mark Stockwell as race secretary. He will be known to people who competed at the last HRCC meeting at Morgan Park.
Unleaded fuel is available at the circuit. Arrangements will be made with Goulburn airport to obtain leaded racing fuel. Refuelling of cars is not permitted in garages or carports.
Wakefield Park is working to obtain permission for camping at the site from the relevant government authority. They do not expect approval by our meeting date but we will advise you if that becomes available. If you have motorised accommodation with self-contained ablution please contact us.
The success of all of our events is thanks to your support and involvement. We’re extremely grateful for your continued support and hope for you to join us once again for a great weekend of motorsport.
Please pass this invitation on to friends and family and encourage them to get involved – the more friends we have to race and talk cars with, the better!
We’re looking forward to going racing with you this September.
With every good wish for a memorable weekend of classic motorsport,
The HSRCA Race Committee